We have made significant improvements that provide Klein Steel with increased capacity, efficiency and reliability. That's why we can now offer more inventory and more services with improved processes that deliver superior quality in everything we do:
• If it's next day delivery, over 98% of our customers can order by 5 PM and have their shipment the following day.
• An expanded and greatly improved fleet of trucks that offer even greater protection from road hazards and poor weather conditions.
• A new 80,000 sq. ft. hub facility in Rochester, NY that leverages state-of-the-art equipment and digital technologies for a wide variety of steel services.
• More new equipment including the KASTOwin A 5.6 Bandsaw designed for mass production sawing of solid material, tube and structural shapes.
• Workflow improvements that standardize our external facing systems to facilitate our connections/interface with vendors and customers.
• We also deliver inventory and supply chain management solutions for our customers seeking to reduce or eliminate inventory within their operations.
Our state-of-the-art, high density, KASTO automatic storage and retrieval system is the centerpiece of Klein Steel’s inventory management system and enables us to offer next day delivery:.
• 2,350 cassettes, expandable to 4,000
• Each cassette stores inventory up to 26 feet long and up to 5½ tons
• Computer-generated locations
• Cassettes for stainless steel and aluminum have plastic liners
• Cassettes for cold finished have wood bottoms to protect material from damage and dripping oil
• Replacement parts, future cassette pieces, and other items are all stored in the system
• Extremely fast access and accurate
• Material tracked by chemistry, heat #, size, and country of origin
• Customer access to web-based Mill Test Reports (MTRs)